This group of ~12 volunteers came together following a community workshop in early 2017.
The aims of the loch development group are:
- To investigate ways in which Loch Sunart can contribute to the Aim with the primary focus on the upper reaches of the loch from Resipole, east.
- To assess the feasibility of making improvements to the marine infrastructure, and other loch related facilities.
- To consult the community and other stakeholders (loch users, landowners, Crown Estate, relevant businesses etc) regarding plans and to communicate and promote progress
- To seek financial support (grant funding, loans, investments, donations etc) for any planned activities and developments, as appropriate
- To engage such individuals, companies and organisations as are required to facilitate the activities of the working group.
- To promote greater use of the loch and a wider range of activities, whilst applying the principals of environmental and financial sustainability.
The Loch Development Group operates under the Sunart Community Company and the company mission to Keep Sunart A Great Place to Live Work and Visit.
In early 2018 the group successfully installed three visitor moorings, with the help of funding from the Sunart Communtiy Benefit Fund. We are monitoring use and the numbers of boats coming up the loch.
We are in the process of taking on ownership of the Jetty, Tin Shed and Carpark area from the Highland Council. Once ownership is transferred to the community we will be able to work towards transforming the gateway to the village and improving the quality and provision of facilities in the area.
Documents including minutes associated with the group can be found in the documents section and here: LDG Documents